christmas

Daily Life: Guilty

12:29 PM

I'm probably guilty of a lot of things this week: Not taking better care of my health, not taking more time to just enjoy myself, being bitchy, not preparing for this week better, the list could go on. But I guess admitting to what I'm guilty of is a nice first step. The next one, correcting those offenses, may take a while..

Anyway, this past week was pretty boring in Osaka. We started of with our formerly weekly karaoke trip, but our usual spot (Round1), was full of idiots (or so I supposed), so we got fed up with the service and left. One hour gone.

We wandered around Shinsaibashi/Namba for a minute, taking some purikura, before settling on Rainbow Karaoke, which I believe is a spot maybe only for kansai. At least my friends from Tokyo had never heard of it, and I've only seen it in Osaka. The place definitely had the Osaka vibe, smoking allowed, drink buffet with ice cream, decor looking like remnants from the 80s. But it was getting late so it was either that or go home, and I needed my karaoke.

They did have a black light inside the room that showed planets when you turned it on. Pretty cool but, as one would imagine, totally unnecessary :)

The room was really small too D: Ugggh, I really wanted to stay at Round1 but I swear their service quality has just plummeted recently and I can force myself to pay for bad service. >:[








Then it was off to work Monday (last week), which was Halloween. I did have a Halloween party for my Monday classes, so I got to dress up but the mall totally ruined the Halloween vibe with the Christmas decorations and music. So soon AEON!?
I was not ready.

But I thought their Japanese Christmas tree was super cool. Made from bamboo and origami'd things. And the random tabi thrown in.







They also had these constructions of armor from a children's program I think..? They're not made out of LEGOs, but they kind of look like it. Anyway, I thought it was cool so I snapped a photo of it.














Then at the end of my uneventful week (see how I just skipped 5 days?? Straight from Monday to Sunday~), we had a school trip to the zoo in Osaka. I was moaning about it all week because it was taking up one of my days off, but actually ended up enjoying myself a lot. And my students impressed me a lot by speaking a of English and not crying (the babies).

A good time was had by all.

That baby in the front is one of mine :D Tsurugi and his pop. I think he's 2 yrs old, but he's a smarty and a playa. Got a bright future ahead ;D.

Then after work, I ran away from my co-workers and joined Shota at the nearby Q's Mall for some quick shopping before we head to the states Wednesday. I needed to pick up a "Jimi Hendrix hat" for my trip out into the desert, but ended up with some new shoes as well (leopard creepers..!!). Damn you WE GO.. bane of my shopping addiction.

That being said, I love the new hat and shoes and have worn them almost everyday so far. :D Except today, since I'm doing an up-do. But if I could put a hat on an up-do..!! I would..









That's it for this week..! Next time, I might be sharing my adventures overseas with Shota and his family. I'm really looking forward to hanging out with them since it's been a few months since we've had any kind of gathering. AND I'm totally looking forward to some Q.T. with my fellow Americans in Las Vegas. I'm bringing the batman maxi dress. BE READY.

A song to hum to yourself (and the title of this editiong ;D)
One of my favortite movies and probably what opened my mind to a more realistic (or not) kind of romance (versus the Disney kind :P). Love this movie~ Subs all the way.

You Might Also Like

No comments: