beatles tee

Events: ♪Kansai Collection♪

11:49 PM

Last week, I got a freebie phone-mail from the blogging service DECOLOG. They needed bodies to fill the pit area of the Kansai Collection, and me, working on my professional pit participation career, decided to shoulder up and head on in.

Unfortunately, I forgot about the fine print that says free for the first 2,000. Oh...

Well, we went anyway~


We got there around 12:30pm since Shota wanted to get there early. There was already a crowd in the freebie-line, so we hunkered down against the wall for the wait.
I didn't count on wind-chill turning this into painful endurance test. Also, double-damn for wearing a skirt and hi-sock instead of tights. Bad, bad idea. D:

A lot of other people had blankets, and a few lucky groups were able to grab some warm food from the McDonalds before the line got crazy, and then there was just to wait. Basically until 2:30.... Bad, bad idea.
SO after the excrutiating wait, we went into the foggy (or at least it seemed so) stadium greeted mostly by booths and some energy drink freebies. They knew their crowd~

We got four bottles. :)






This was the area toward the stage. Lot's of lights and probably some music. I can't actually remember if there was any playing. I might have been concentrating on my toes thawing. :P







A booth for circle lenses. The girls had cute little dresses and huge hair. Perfect for grabbing attention :)

I wanted to check out the items, but they had a pretty long line so I couldn't check anything out. Dang :/





Guess who had a short line though?? The cupcake shop!! :D Shota and I got our snacking on~ Two a-piece. ;)

They were.. so-so. Not sweet enough, but that almost goes without saying in Japan when you have as vicious a sweet tooth as I do. >:)




A wig booth..! I think I've seen this brand once or twice in a magazine, but when I think of wigs, I usually think of Priscilla. Is that not the "it" wig brand anymore?? I can't keep up~

This line was pretty long too. It looked like they were trying on wigs in the booth, but I'm not sure since I was probably shoving cupcakes into my mouth~ :D Next time, next time.



The actual show seemed to be combination of live performances, commentary and modeling. The modeling mostly secondary I would think since there wasn't much effort put into the music (like no mixing whatsoever. Just playing tracks one after another, and fading them out after a brand was done).

This photo was actually of an opening act called GEM. A dance troupe I believe since there was no singer. They were cute~

After this opening act, the crowd surged forward, and the OPA Stage began.

And despite the number of people there, it was sooo quiet. You could hear a pin drop is there was space for it. There were little cheers for the more popular models or talents.





That DJ who was running his OPA Stage playlist. I think he was a pretty famous DJ though.→→









As the OPA Stage was winding down, Shota and I headed over to the photo opportunity booth.
I thought there would be more person and less balloon, but the photo is still pretty nice. :)











I don't know what time it was, but we decided to head out (to OPA actually lol) so I snapped this photo on the way.
I thought the crowd was pretty impressive, and I did feel kind of bad for leaving early, but if I decide to go again, I'll definitely buy some tickets so I can see the models and clothes. :)





Fashion Show Post-mortem

The real main even for Sunday, Fig & Viper shopping..!!

I picked up their catalogue when I was out with Yuu a few weeks ago, and pretty much fell in love. They're not helping me add color to my closet, but I just really love their styling. An interesting kind of hyper-urban hipster.

Plus spikes. Just can't get enough ;)



I also picked up one of their asymmetrical skirts. The fabric is lovely and the cut is extremely attractive.

I want to go back and get some tops too..! :) They're stuff goes really well with the stuff I got in the Monkey Bite lucky bag. Summer is gonna be awe~some.


Speaking of Monkey Bite, I picked up this Beatles tee a few weeks back too. :)

At least this has some color..! Right...?







Continuing my obsession with round sunglasses. These have been the most popular pair yet..! Gotta pick up two more for my mum and best friend. I call them 'Janis.'







Mum-dukes also sent out the Revlon Lip Butter I've been hunting for in vain in Japan. An awesome orange shade for more up-beat styles, and a wine red for darker stuff. :)












I forgot to mention food..! Delicious India curry~ I probably go to March Masala way too often..
But it's so good!! :D










Freebie Bag
I think it's seven tenths ads and flyers, but I'm excited about that massage roller. Oh yeah~~ :P
I got an extra bag I don't know what to do with though D: Any body want one? There's no energy drinks though~ Lol

ALSO Maha over at Kansai Gyaru also wrote about the Kansai Collection. Check it out for a more stylish P.O.V.! :)

I really did enjoy the event, but I think standing in the cold for 2 hours kind of ruined my stamina for the day. I may try to go again for the Autumn/Winter collection. Also, I did take some video, but I haven't put the clips together yet. Hopefully I'll get around to that sooner rather than later. When I do upload it, I'll be sure to share it in this post. :)
All that's left now is to wait for spring..!!


☼Loose Ends☼
I actually forgot to post my outfit from that day. Oooops. You can't see the whole darn thing anyway, but hopefully I'll get back into being more photogenic as the weather warms :)


★Peace★

You Might Also Like

No comments: