kansai-ben

Kansai Post: Update #1

3:58 AM

Ohhh, it's been a minute...

Sorry about that(´_`。)グスン But I'll get better, and try to post more often.

But, you know, I only want to post when there's something.. worth sharing. No stupid filler posts. I hate filler (especially episodes in TV shows wedon'tneedrecapswehaveTiVo/HULU(ノ ̄Д ̄)ノ彡┻┻).


Anyway, on to the Kansai-ben!
Seeing as this is an update, I'd like to offer examples on how words/phrases are used in daily conversation. Hopefully it'll help those out there looking to improve on their Kansai-ben. And if you have any requests, you can e-mail them to me or leave it in the comment box・:*:・( ̄∀ ̄ )。・:*:・

おもろい / おもんない Omoroi/Omonnai - Kansai-ben for おもしろい/おもしろくない (omoshiroi/omoshirokunai)
I think this is a phrase I use often (only because Shota tells bad jokes allthetime( ̄□ ̄;)!) for describing.. pretty much anything(;´▽`)y-~~. I think it's a great multi-purpose word.


Usage Example:
”This show is hilarious!”
「「このばんぐみめっちゃおもろいな!」 (kono bangumi meccha omoroi)

or an example of how I usually use it:

もうしょっちゃんおもんないなぁ~ (mou shocchan omonnai naa)
Shota really isn't funny (or) Shota, that's really not funny
Those cases depending upon context of courseヽ(°▽、°)ノ

わからへん / わからん Wakarahen/Wakaran - Kansai-ben for わかりません / わかんない (wakarimasen/wakannai)
Now, I'm almost completely sure wakaran is kansai-ben because I've never heard it used until I came to kansai, and a lot of Yoshimoto comedians use it too. It translates directly as "don't understand" but is equivalent to phrases like "I have no idea," "I don't know," "I don't get it," etc.


Usage example:
#1
A: "Which way is Namba?" 「なんばはどっち?」 (namba wa docchi?)
B: "Huh.. You know, I have no idea.." 「え~わからへんな。。。」 (ee.. wakarahen na)


#2
A: "Hey, what does this say?" 「な、これなんて言うの?」 (na, kore nante iu no?)
B: "Hmm.. I'm not sure..." 「ん。。。わからんな。。」 (n... wakaran na...)


Now, I'm not exactly sure about the difference between wakarahen and wakaran, I've heard either used by men and women alike, but I'll ask around and see if I can get some kind of straight answer( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

しらん Shiran - Kansai ben for しりません / しらない (shirimasen/shiranai) 
I always use wakaru (to understand) and shiru (to know) interchangeably, often using one to reinforce the other in an argument, so I though I'd share them one after another. Also, I've never heard しらへん (shirahen) so I'm assuming it's not said that way at all, though I will check up on that and revise it later. Shiran is equivalent to phrases like "I'm not sure," "I don't know," "I have no idea," etc.


Usage Example:
#1
A: "What time is it over?"「なんじおわるん?」 (nanji owarun?)
B: "I don't really know.." 「あんまりしらんな」 (anmari shiran na)


#2
A: "What are you doing??" 「なにしてんの??」 (nani shiten no?)
B: "I don't know!" 「しらんわ!」 (shiran wa!)


Aww, that was awfully wordy, sorry if you were bored to tears. I promise a post filled with tons of useless pictures next! I'm planning a post on HEP Five in Umeda (it's actually undergoing some renovations now~) and then a restaurant post (my favorite Mexican place in Shinsaibashi, no Patron though(*´▽`)◇). No nightlife stuff just yet, but hopefully as the weather warms, those will start popping up~(´ー`~)

You Might Also Like

No comments: